Monday 2 November 2015

days 5,6,7..19

Yes, days are passing and my adaptation has been just become about Tranas and residency. Actually we had abundantly free time here and I never got used to have it. So it was great challenge with my habits and working process.
Last Saturday we were at Jönköping for a gallery meeting and we had our presentations that are about around the topic of art and activism. Also Ragıp Zarakolu was invited there and he had his presentation about free speech&public art of Turkey.
When we came back, we visited the graveyard because of Halloween tradition. it was great experience. Also at that night I had my first experience to go to a bar finally after two weeks!
Anyway, I understand that being social inside the city with the public is one of my great essential necessity and also it is great inspiration for my working process. At least I got this idea strongly after this residency.
Today we met Peter from Cultural Office and we talked about our final exhibition and visited the place where is just near the public library. It is going to be interesting because of the space has just 5 show windows and we will use them for installation our works. We have already started thinking what we are going to do, posters ..etc and got motivation to work seriously.




The photos are dark but it was touching experience being inside all those candles with the silence of crowds at graveyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment